You can apply to The W G Edwards Charitable Foundation if your charity fulfills the following criteria:
- Your charity is based in the UK
- Your charity is registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, or the Regulator for Charities in Northern Ireland
- The aim of your charity is to help people over the age of 65
- You are applying for assistance towards a capital project such as refurbishment, furniture or equipment.
- You are applying for assistance towards an innovative project such as IT for the elderly, fitness classes, lunch clubs, gardening projects, etc.
Our grants are loosely divided into Health and Community categories.
Health and welfare
The Foundation gives grants for refurbishment of residential care housing for the elderly and for building projects which are nearing completion. Trustees also consider the provision of equipment to enhance care and improve quality of life.
Community and innovation
The Foundation supports community initiatives such as exercise classes for the over-65s, lunch clubs, horticultural therapy and day trips. We also consider grants for technology projects aimed at benefitting the over-65s, however we do not fund IT for staff/volunteers.