Trustees are interested in supporting a diverse range of charities which support older people, from large institutions to small community-run organisations.
Around 50 organisations each year are successful in obtaining grants usually between £1000-£5000. The average grant is £2200.
The Foundation was established to support capital projects and innovative projects but is unable to assist with running costs or salaries.
If your charity has a mixed age group of beneficiaries, the Foundation will consider a donation if around 80% are over the age of 65.
The Foundation is unable to give grants for:
- Buying or leasing transport, ie. minibuses
- General campaigns
- Revenue funding, ie. items for everyday use such as sheets etc.
- Building projects in the planning stages
- IT which is for the use of administration
- Retrospective items
- If your charity has received a previous grant, you must wait two years before applying for another grant.