Please carefully read the Funding Guidance and Eligibility before applying. Applications can be made at any time, although see When to Apply for deadlines.
What information do I need to provide?
- The address of the charity
- An email address for a named contact at the charity
- The charity registration number
- A website address for the charity
- A copy of most recent annual review/accounts – on email or paper
- If not all the people who are supported by your charity are over the age of 65, please provide the approximate percentage of those over this age.
- If your application relates to the refurbishment of a property owned by your charity, please include the address of the property.
- If appropriate, please include interior/exterior images of your property.
- Include your bank account number and sort code.
How do I structure my application?
- Include the purpose of your charity and its objectives
- Provide details of the need and purpose of the project/initiative
- Who will benefit and how? What are the specific benefits to the over-65s?
- Provide the total cost of the project/equipment/capital work
- If appropriate, provide a breakdown of this cost to itemise what is to be funded.
- Provide details of the location of where the grant will be used
- If appropriate include the number of elderly people who will be benefitted by this application
- If applicable include how much money has been raised and from whom and how you plan to raise the shortfall.
Applications should be sent in the post to:
Send your letter saved as a pdf to:
Or in the post to:
The W. G. Edwards Charitable Foundation
c/o14 Windsor Terrace
Newcastle upon Tyne