WE ARE SORRY TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT NEW APPLICATIONS UNTIL AFTER MAY 1, 2024. IF YOU WISH TO MAKE AN APPLICATION TO THE JULY 2024 MEETING, SEND IN YOUR APPLICATION AFTER MAY 1. ANY APPLICATIONS SENT BEFORE THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE NOTE THIS FOUNDATION MAY NOT MAKE DONATIONS FOR ITEMS OR PROJECTS, IN RETROSPECT.
Please carefully read the Funding Guidance and Eligibility before applying. Applications can be made at any time, although see When to Apply for deadlines.
Your application should be a Word document of no more than four A4 pages, including a budget or costs on a single document. Please use a font of no less than 12 point.
All of the below essential information must be provided in order to be considered.
Essential information for the application:
- The address of the charity
- An email address for a named contact at the charity
- The charity registration number
- The percentage of those over the age of 65 who will benefit from the grant
- A website address for the charity (if applicable)
- The charity’s bank account number, sort code, branch name and address
- A copy of most recent annual review/accounts – as a web link to the appropriate charity commission (not a pdf)
- A budget or exact cost of the item for which you are applying
- If your application relates to the refurbishment of a property owned by your charity, please include the address of the property
- If the application is in regard to refurbishment, please name the item/s you wish Trustees to consider and provide specific costs
- If appropriate, include interior/exterior images of your property
How do I structure my application?
- Include the purpose of your charity and its objectives
- Provide details of the need and purpose of the project/initiative
- Who will benefit and how? What are the specific benefits to the over-65s?
- Provide the total cost of the project/equipment/capital work
- If appropriate, provide a breakdown of this cost to itemise what is to be funded
- Provide the address of the location of where the grant will be used
- If appropriate include the number of elderly people who will benefit from this application
- If applicable, include how much money has been raised and from whom and how you plan to raise the shortfall
All applications must be sent by email:
Send your application, saved as one single Word document, to the Trustees at: